Administrator – owner and publisher, entity TRENDS IN SCIENCE Honorata Dołęga-Ogrodnik, based in Siedlce.
Personal data – all information about an identified or identifiable natural person through one or more specific identity factors, including – if they allow the User to be identified – device IP, location data, internet identifier and information collected via cookies and other similar technologies.
GDPR – Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on the protection of data).
Website – website maintained by the Administrator at www.trendywnauce.pl.
User – any natural person visiting the Website or using its functionalities.
2. DATA PROCESSING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SITE
- In connection with the User’s use of the Website’s functionality, the Administrator collects his data, as well as information about the User’s activity on the Website, including device IP, location data, Internet ID and information collected via cookies and other similar technologies. Cookies and similar technologies are not used to identify the User and the User’s identity is not determined on their basis. Cookies and similar technologies in a situation where they do not by themselves allow the identification of a natural person, may constitute personal data only when combined with other unique identifiers or other information enabling the identification of that natural person.
- Users’ personal data may be transferred to the following categories of recipients: entities providing the Administrator with services necessary to achieve the purposes of processing, including IT= suppliers, entities providing technical, organizational and advisory support, entities authorized under national or EU law.
- The administrator exercises due diligence in order to adequately secure the personal data provided, in particular against disclosure to unauthorized persons. The data controller will not transfer personal data to a third country or an international organization.
- In connection with the use of the Website, cookies are used to provide the User with access to the Website, improve its operation, profile and display content tailored to the User’s needs.
- Cookies are small text files saved on the User’s telecommunications end device (computer, telephone, tablet, etc.) when using the Website, allowing for saving and reading information that the Administrator and other entities providing services to him (e.g. analytical and statistical) they use for
various purposes, which can be divided into the categories described below.
- Two types of cookies are used, due to their lifetime:
- session – files stored on the User’s device until the User logs out or leaves the Platform;
- permanent – files stored on the User’s device until they are deleted by the User or until the cookie file expires within the time specified in the cookie specification.
- Required cookies, necessary to use the Platform:
- cookies with data entered by the User (session ID) for the duration of the session (user input cookies);
- authentication cookies used for services that require authentication for the duration of the session (authentication cookies);
- cookies used to ensure security, e.g. used to detect fraud in the field of authentication (user centric security cookies);
- multimedia player session cookies (e.g. flash player cookies), for the duration of the session (multimedia player session cookies);
- Functional cookies that facilitate the use of the Website:
- persistent cookies used to personalize the User’s interface for the duration of the session or a little longer (user interface customization cookies), cookie with data entered by the User (session ID) for the duration of the session (user input cookies);
- cookies used to monitor traffic on the website, i.e. data analytics – these are files used to analyze the way the User uses the Platform, to create statistics and reports on the functioning of the Platform.
- Marketing cookies, allowing the delivery of advertising content – the Administrator also uses
cookies for marketing purposes.
- Required cookies, necessary to use the Platform:
- The User may at any time change the settings of cookies or similar technologies by changing the privacy settings in the browser or application, with the proviso that this change may result in the lack of access to some functions of the Website.
- Changing the privacy settings is possible by selecting the appropriate option in the browser or application settings. In the case of the most popular web browsers, the User may independently manage the privacy settings, including cookies, in particular by accepting cookies, changing cookie settings and blocking or deleting cookies. The method and scope of changes to the privacy settings depends on the type or version of the browser or application used by the User. Detailed information on changes to privacy settings is available on the websites of these providers:
4. OBJECTIVES AND LEGAL BASIS FOR DATA PROCESSING ON THE WEBSITE
The Administrator processes Users’ personal data for the following purposes:
- ensuring access to the Website and use of its resources – pursuant to art. 6 sec. 1 letter b of the GDPR;
- sending and publishing a scientific and popular science article by the person who is its author or co-author – pursuant to art. 6 sec. 1 lit. a GDPR;
- performance of obligations under the law – pursuant to art. 6 sec. 1 lit. c GDPR;
- implementation of the following legitimate interests of the Administrator or a third party – pursuant to art. 6 sec. 1 letter f of GDPR:
- enabling contact with the Administrator via the contact form;
- own marketing, in particular displaying marketing content to the User on the Website, as well as sending notifications containing information about the Website or other interesting content to selected Users, by means of electronic communication, in particular by e-mail, provided that the User has given appropriate consent, as well as conducting other type of activities related to marketing, e.g. satisfaction surveys;
- fraud detection and elimination;
- defense against possible claims of third parties;
- internal purposes related to the functionality of the Platform, including analytical and statistical purposes.
- The User’s personal data will be processed with his consent for the marketing purposes of cooperating entities – pursuant to art. 6 sec. 1 lit. a GDPR.
- The implementation of the above purposes causes that the Administrator uses profiling in some cases. This means that thanks to automatic data processing, the Administrator evaluates selected factors relating to natural persons in order to analyze their behavior or create a forecast for the future. As a result of these analyzes, significant decisions regarding the User are not made in an automated manner.
5. PERIOD OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- Personal data of Platform users will be processed only for the time necessary to achieve the purpose of processing or until the Platform User withdraws consent. The administrator reserves the right to process data for a period of up to 3 months from the moment of achieving the goals in connection with the implementation of his own analytical and statistical purposes.
- The user can delete cookies from his device himself. In order to clear the User’s end device (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) from cookies, the browser cache and cookies should be removed. The process of clearing the cache and cookies should be done in the browser settings. The settings may differ depending on the browser and its version. Deleting cookies will result in deleting theWebsite settings.
6. USER PERMISSIONS
In connection with the processing of personal data, the User has the following rights:
- requesting access to data – the User may exercise this right if he wants to find out what data we process;
- requests for data rectification – if personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, the User has the right to provide correct and up-to-date data, and the Administrator will correct or update it;
- requests to delete data, also known as the “right to be forgotten” – if the User considers that the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, he has the right to request the Administrator to delete it;
- requests to limit data processing – if the User has doubts as to whether the Administrator processes the data correctly, he has the right to submit a request to limit the processing;
- requests for data transfer – the User may receive and transfer from the Administrator to another entity the data that he provided to the Administrator;
- to object to the processing of data on the basis of the legitimate interest of the Administrator or a third party, including profiling, for reasons related to a specific situation and to object to the processing of data for direct marketing purposes;
- to withdraw consent at any time – the User has the right to withdraw the consent granted regarding the processing of data at any time and without giving any reason; the withdrawal of consent is not retroactive, i.e. the processing that took place until the consent was withdrawn remains fully valid and legal;
- to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of personal data to the supervisory authority, which is the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
7. CONTACT DETAILS
Requests, statements and all correspondence regarding the processing of personal data on the Website should be sent to the Administrator by e-mail to the address kontakt@trendywnauce.